Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Role Playing

The role of politician's wife is a new one for me. In November's election, my husband won a seat on the board of directors for the Carpinteria Valley Water District. The term "politician's wife" may be a bit overboard, as Alonzo is definitely more the public servant type than the politician type. Well, maybe "elected official" is the best term. He worked really hard, stuck his neck out, and really strayed from his comfort zone. I really admire him. The other day I was thinking how he has inspired me. Not in the theme-from-Rocky-playing-in-my-head-and-I-have-shivers-down-my-spine inspiration, but more have-the-faith-to-keep-putting-one-foot-in-front-of-the-other-even-when-it-doesn't-seem-like-it-will-matter type of inspiration.

Left, recently elected Director Alonzo Orozco (that's my husband!) of the Carpinteria Valley Water District.

I can tell the inspiration has moved me to action. I'm writing in my blog ... something I think I'll be a bit more regular about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.