Monday, October 15, 2012

When all else fails ... Eat

I believe it was the “Artist’s Way” where Julia Cameron wrote that she bakes a cake when she is feeling stuck with her writing, when she needs a break. The baking the cake part is an example of how leaving the task at hand and doing something else for a bit just may help foster a rush of creativity. So, I thought I’d give it a try.

Hence, Amy’s Sliders were born. Well, that’s what my husband christened them. The sliders are turkey burgers on a sesame bun with avocado, tomato, lettuce, grilled onion, Cheddar cheese, and dill pickle slices. The bun was lightly toasted and spread with spicy mustard.

I must say, they were delicious, and they were a welcome diversion from the looming deadline. But, did the sliders stimulate a fountain of creativity? No, not really. I do think, however, that putting together a good dinner was better than hanging out at my keyboard and slugging back beers.

Oh, why is Cheddar capitalized in Cheddar cheese, you may ask. Because it is the name of a place, i.e. a proper noun, like chicken Kiev, French fry, Boston cream pie, and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.