Monday, January 7, 2013

What’s in a Name?

I chose the name Orozco Ink for my business because I like the play on words between “ink” and “inc.” The “ink” part related well to the business of writing, and I thought the “inc.” gave it an official tone. Kind of, anyway.

I still really like the name.

Well, it is funny how confusing a name can be. I never considered the following: A call from a potential client looking for a calligrapher to do some menus. A very friendly man he was, by the way. We chatted a bit about mix-ups and how confusing the English language can be.

Another interesting call I received was someone looking for a tattoo artist. Of course, now that I think about it, “ink” is much better suited to a tattoo artist than to a writer who uses a laptop.

And, FYI, I don’t even have a tattoo.

2 comments:

  1. That's a funny play on words. If only people would look you up before inquiring about tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gabe. It's a good reminder for me to look up things before commenting (or opening my mouth).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.