Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Writing for Dollars

Invoicing is part of my monthly ritual as a freelance writer. Typically, I do my billing on the last day of the month. Seeing as the 31st is Halloween, this month should be extra scary. Scary may be a little strong, but, truth be told, I still am not comfortable putting a price tag on my services. 

That's why I found this month's Writer Magazine so helpful. Lola Augustine Brown's article "Show me the money" highlighted common arguments for for writing for free and debunked them.

In a nutshell: "Professionals do not work for free. Period."

I like that. 

2 comments:

  1. I like that, too! A service worth providing is a service worth getting paid for, especially once you reach that Professional level.

    Calla Gold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Calla. I may make a poster out of that: A service worth providing is a service worth getting paid for.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.