Friday, June 18, 2010

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Or, does it?

Funny, how it is the unsaid stuff one’s parents do that is incorporated into an offspring’s behavior. I think the correct term is “internalize.” Certainly, my mother never sat me down for a how-to lesson on self sabotage or gave me pointers on substance abuse. Nevertheless, I managed all by lonesome to master those traits.

My mom passed on good habits to me as well. Making lists as a way to stay organized is a good example. Again, like the aforementioned example, she didn’t sit me down, pull out a free pad of paper from a local real estate agent, and enumerate tomorrow’s to-do list. Listing is something she’s always done, so naturally (I guess) I picked up the method.

My mom turns 77 this year and she still makes lists. Check out the one on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.