Friday, June 11, 2010

Dreams Do Come True

The difficult part about having your dreams come true is keeping your dreams in the forefront of your mind. That's why experts in the field (motivational speakers, life coaches, sales managers and the like) suggest keeping pictures of your goals in front of you, like on the bathroom mirror, or writing affirmations. You have to remind the noggin just what it is you are after.

Above, doesn't the new mixer look beautiful. This is before any mixing soiled the beautiful machinery.

One of my purely materialistic aspirations has been a Kitchen Aid mixer. (BTW, I wish for world peace and like to think I do my part to make the world a better place.) The Kitchen Aid mixer, I must confess, is 100 percent vanity and indulgence. It is not as if I bake frequently or that particularly well. I wanted that appliance trophy, and have wanted it off and on for about the last 15 years.

My husband received a notice his air miles were about to expire. I thought we could get a couple of magazine subscriptions, at least, out of the deal, so I dusted off his account and pin numbers and did a little online shopping.

My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the Kitchen Aid mixer at 40,000-and- change points/miles. He had a few miles to spare, and I thought I'd cough up the tax and shipping in cash. Can you believe we weren't charged anything extra for tax or shipping?

Dreams do come true, and sometime better than we imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.