Friday, March 11, 2011

Almost An All-Nighter

The other night, Monday to be exact, I was working on an all-of-the-sudden project well past the usual time I'm in my pajamas with teeth brushed and I was reminded of the all-nighter. Remember those glory days of college with last minute studying and pounding out papers (on a typewriter!)?

I didn't "pull an all-nighter" on Monday. Here's why: First, I didn't stay up all night. I didn't even reach the almost 3 a.m. point of no return. Second, the time crunch wasn't self-inflicted. It wasn't due to a mismanagement of time on my end -- a subtle, yet defining, part of an all-nighter.

I can't remember the last time I had an all-nighter. I can remember, though, it was long after college graduation. Maybe I'm learning.



The morning after the "almost an all-nighter," I ease into a day of writing with my trusty cat by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.