Monday, March 14, 2011

Working the Deadline

Why is it when I should be writing -- when it is painfully obvious that I cannot outrun the deadline avalanche -- I get so many great ideas about what other people could and should do?

For example, this morning I thought of two friends who must run for local public office and I had to email them right then and there. I also thought of someone who really needs to start a blog -- he's so funny, quick witted, and looks at the world in a refreshing manner. I don't know him well, so I had to spend an inordinate amount of time crafting an email about my suggestion. I didn't want to seem pushy or like a know-it-all.


Back to my original question of "why." That's not important. The important thing is not to act on it. Or is it? My work will get done. Maybe this is the way I get other things accomplished, by hitching them to this deadline wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.