Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What if there was a book signing and no books came?

At left, windmills are a Solvang icon. Bakeries are another icon.

"Poised" would not be the first word used to describe me. Sometimes I can pull it off, but it doesn't come naturally. Maybe that's why I'm well suited to an occupation that has me mostly interacting with a computer.

So, when the books didn't arrive for my scheduled book signing in Solvang on March 16, you can just imagine how I felt. The event -- or should I say "non-event" -- turned out to be a nice time. Kathy, the book store owner, and I spent the time getting to know each other better. Plus, my husband and a good friend came with me, so we got to spend some quality time together.

The books still haven't made it to the Solvang bookstore. I hope they show up soon and we can sell a lot of them.


If you can't find "Solvang: A Guide to the Danish Capital of America" at a bookstore near you, order it directly from the publisher at www.touristtown.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.