Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Finding my way with The Artist's Way

Dusted off my copy of "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron last night. Somehow, that book, which changed my life (for reals), walked off my bedside table and joined a pile of books in another room. 

It's always good to check in with "The Artist's Way." Read a chapter here, do an exercise there. Restart the morning pages. 

It was fun to reread some of my thoughts from years ago. For example, I don't remember AT ALL having a desire to go skydiving. But there it was, in my handwriting (more than once) in the margins of a few pages. "Try skydiving." 

Decided I'm going to do the course again. There's an online version.  Want to get more focused. Need to get more focused to make some decisions on my business. Giving very serious thought to adding other ways of making money, such as handmade books. 

There's an online version, too. This is one of the most influential books I have read. In my life. No kidding. 


6 comments:

  1. I've heard of this book for years, and have wondered about buying it. Is this a book you would recommend for a young teenager, who's a budding writer? I've thought about getting it for my oldest granddaughter.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may be a little advanced for a young teenager. Though, a good friend of mine received a copy for high school graduation and it was perfect for her at the time. Let me put it this way: it would not have been suitable for me as a young teenager. Would have been way over my head. The exercises would have been fun, though.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it great to check back in with your past self! I think that's so great that you got to have that experience. Sounds like a great book too, I may just have to check it out for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Patricia Schwartz. I encourage you to check out the book. It changed my life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.