Wednesday, June 4, 2014

When all else fails, start writing

Day 22 / 30-Day Writing Challenge


Three appointment in the morning followed by a backlog of administrative stuff (straightening my desk for starters) and some overdue phone calls made. 

Now I'm supposed to write. Or, maybe I can make a few sales calls. Follow up on some query letters. Yeah, some rejection would feel good right about now. Build me some character!

No, I think I'll take a couple of deep breaths. Maybe make a cup of tea. Take a couple more deep breaths. Put one figurative foot in front of the other and carry on. 

Literally (and I mean this in the literal sense) put my fingers on the keyboard ... and begin writing. It hasn't let me down yet. 


Above, the messy desk is always ready to serve as an excuse for not getting any writing done. Poppycock! I say to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.