Thursday, May 22, 2014

Animal Writes

Day 9 / 30-Day Writing Challenge


Nella, a semi-feral cat from Catalyst for Cats. 

One way I use my writing to make the world a better place is doing volunteer publicity work for  Catalyst for Cats

Catalyst for Cats is dedicated to helping stray and feral cats. The primary goal is to prevent the suffering of  cats, and its main strategy is the reduction and control of feral cat populations within Santa Barbara County through its TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return) and feeding programs.

Mostly I write press releases for Catalyst. Typically, the news is about a grant we received or the annual fundraiser, the Cat's Meow Raffle.

Donating some time to Catalyst is a way I can give back to the community and it helps polish my writing. Plus, I love cats. Actually, I love all animals. 

Below, Randi Fairbrother, founder and president of Catalyst for Cats, getting ready to pull the winning ticket at the Cat's Meow Raffle on Oct. 16, 2013. (Oct. 16 is National Feral Cat Day.) Randi founded Catalyst for Cats in 1990. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.