Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Today is the first day of the rest of my [writing] life

Today starts a 30-day writing workout. This is the plan: post for 30 days straight on Behind the Scenes at Orozco Ink. Here's why: I need to write more.

Really, for someone who makes their living as a writer I'd really like to write more often.

Ever read the right side of Behind the Scenes at Orozco Ink? The "About Me" part? Where I blab a bit on how my blog is a place for me to work on my writing. Well, recently that's serving as an excellent example of a farce!

It's time to get back to this blog's basics, which are an outlet for writing and telling the back story of making a living as a writer. Read the post What's so funny about peace, love, and billable hours? That's more the spirit of Behind the Scenes at Orozco Ink.

I'm a big believer in practicing the basics, honing one's skills. This will be fun (she says trying to convince herself as her feet get colder and colder). The next basic I'm going to tackle is sending out query letters.

See you tomorrow!

See the following photo, that's me with my five charges! The photo is more than a few months old. Which reminds me of something else -- I need to get professional photos of myself. 







2 comments:

  1. I love your writing, Amy, and I'm looking forward to reading your 30-day writing workout posts! As for the picture: Wow! You definitely have your hands full!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! It helps me to stick with a project if I know someone is "watching". I guess that's the accountability factor in play.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.