Saturday, May 17, 2014

Communication Compromise

Day 4 / 30-Day Writing Challenge


I love getting a letter in the mail, and I love writing letters, too. 

Letter writing is a dying art. The actual writing of letters on paper is less and less frequent. Indeed, penmanship has been thrown by the wayside in the curriculum of elementary schools. 

The muscles in my hands and fingers aren't what they used to be. It's quite taxing to write more than a paragraph. Plus, the scribble that ends up on the page from my pen is embarrassing! I used to receive all sorts of compliments on my handwriting. 

I received a letter from my brother the other day. He brokered a compromise between technology and the post office. He wrote the letter on a computer, printed it out, and mailed it. 

Yea! What a fun surprise the letter was. And, it was a single space, 2.5-page letter. Reading it via email would not have been as enjoyable. 


Don't you just love getting something in the mail that isn't junk or a bill? Like a personal letter?