Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mail Art - More than the Written Word

Day 5 / 30-Day Writing Challenge


Following up to yesterday's post, Communication Compromise, is my recommendationof "Good Mail Day, A Primer for Making Eye-Popping Postal Art" by Jennie Hinchcliff and Carolee Gilligan Wheeler. The book is a mail art how-to guide. The back cover defines mail art as pieces of art sent through the mail rather than displayed or sold in traditional venues.


Isn't that a beautiful cover? Let me tell you, the inside doesn't disappoint. Filled with gorgeous individually designed envelopes, the book is a fountain of inspiration for ideas and choices.

I bought the book at the National Postal Museum in Washington D.C. (well worth a visit when in D.C.) If your local bookstore doesn't stock it, ask to have it ordered. Or, check here.

Such a great book! Really made my day. Now I can have a Good Mail Day every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.