Tuesday, May 13, 2014

When the going gets tough, the tough IMPROVISE!

Love, love, love the Improv group. Helps so much with my writing ... even though I don't do a lick of writing with or for the group. We meet once a week and play for two hours. It's not a free-for-all. It just looks that way. The foundation of our success is teamwork. Listening and supporting each other is what it is about. 

So how does it help my writing? Keeps the ol' brain in shape. Makes me think on my feet. You know, a brain in motion tends to stay in motion ...

Hmmm ... maybe I need to start bringing pen and paper to Improv. Jot down all the million dollar ideas that pop into my head during all the fun. Hmmm ... stay tuned.

Pictured above, the Plaza Playhouse Improv Troupe members include, from left, Chuck-Hou Yee, Judy Sirianni, Amy Marie Orozco (that's me!), Juliet Rohde-Brown, Hope Zweig, Pauline Reyes, Sherri Mendenhall, and John Pagano. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.